#VanGogh

I never had a chance to be on the scent of Van Gogh until I got to attend an art class in the fourth year back in college. I won’t let myself throw such a shallow judgment on whether the work of art is good or bad, I can never be able to determine either. But we do have preferences, and mine will always be under the shadow of a connection built. When I see Van Gogh’s paintings, I feel irresistibly drawn to them. 

Another thing in regards to him that caught my attention is the way he ended his life; by doing suicidal. Some said that's because of his mental instability that leads to depression, yet we never really know. At first, I had been wondering why a great artist like him could do such thing whereas doing art is about expressing your inner-self, spirit, feelings, and emotions - helping a person to let them all out. 

#BetweenSolitudeAndLoneliness

Nevertheless, he was known as a quiet, thoughtful and imaginative person. He contributed to the foundation of modern art, he was a true idealist with emotion-fueled painting, but then he chose solitude during the last days of his short lifetime. And I assume that It might add the feeling of loneliness to his life as a consequence, worsened his mental state.

#AnIdealistbyHeart

Once an idealist will always be an idealist. I think the solitude he chose is not without reasons, and being an idealist who lived in accordance with his values has got nothing to do with a curse. To have felt that no one could understand better than himself is also nothing to be blamed for a Van Gogh. But from him, I got to pick up something, that I need to always wake up even after "a long sleep" unless I want to die buried in the land of dreams and get lost then trampled on the ground of reality. It is unfortunate that admittedly, idealism can be a very deadly boomerang.

Comments

See also

Semesta Selalu Memberi

Seseorang Harusnya Berpikir Sekaligus Merasa