Art Triumphs over Death #HetRembrandtHuis

While I am likely better to ground myself in reality these days, which I find it's difficult to do as I constantly feel like being in the wrong era, was supposed to be born in earlier century. So instead, I fulfilled my classical ego, stretching myself and mind back to the old time through vintage visuals offered on a visit to Rembrandt's house that echoed the life in the seventeenth century. 


Having a visit to historical old side always gives me this strange yet happy feeling, as well it constantly gives me goosebumps as I sense it all the way, like an almost otherwordly beauty.


The Kitchen.


Rembrandt's living and private room, the box bed which was so expensive and only man of means who owned it back then. The place where his wife, Saskia, lied down. Since Rembrandt was also an art dealer back in time, there were so many paintings from painters who were close to him as well paintings made by his pupils.




He had this room to keep all his belongings, things that he painted on his paintings, including books consist of sketches and drawings. Some of the goods are related to classism (Greek or Roman craft form) used as tools to teach his pupils. 







Rembrandt's studio where he cooked his masterpieces, his magnum opus. 




Upper floor that was used by his pupils.


...




Comments

See also

Semesta Selalu Memberi

Seseorang Harusnya Berpikir Sekaligus Merasa